Sunday 26 June 2011

Top 5 - Wickedly different video game environments

Id like to showcase my personal favourite top 5 very different video game environments. I think that the environment sets the whole atmosphere for a game and that video game environments can make or break a game and because the centre of what makes a game great or crap.

Okami


 Massive environments to explore that seem to never end along with old Japanese style graphics for the environment made  Okami one of the best gaming experiences of my life, I loved the environment so much that I never used the short cuts in this game to travel across the vast world, I made the game drag so I could enjoy that "first time played" experience more, its the never the same the second time round, this is so huge though you are bound to miss stuff out, definitely worth a second play.


Viewtiful Joe


VIEWTIFUL JOE was a 2 and a half D game in the sense that it was appearedto be 2D but was 3D when you got to the end of the screen and turned around corners. The game looked gorgoeous with old comic book style graphics, the environments just reminded me of my childhood, loved this game. Although Many say that it was Solid.

The legend of Zelda - the windwaker


You had to sail across a whole ocean in this game and visit over 50 different islands, the fact that you controlled the boat made exploring so cool. to think i hated this game because of the cel shaded graphics at first, but its in my top 10 games of all time now.

super Mario sunshine



This game was so bright and sunny that playing it made you feel like you are outside in the sunshine (or was it because I should have been out in the sunshine but I was Indoors playing video games). After getting so far in the game there is even an option to wear a pair of sunglasses or shades (in the game) to tone down the brightness.  

Silent Hill



THE WALLS! THEY ARE ALIVE! This game gruesomeness is horrifyingly awesome.


Read more about GAMES here

No comments:

Post a Comment